While roaming around on the Internet I found these 12 healthy snacks that help fight off hunger:
1. Warm toasted nuts: Toss a combination of nuts – pecans, almonds, peanuts, cashes – with chili powder, black pepper, and a pinch of cayenne. Roast in a 400 degree F oven for 10 minutes, until warm and toasty.
2. Ants on a Log: Slather celery with smooth or chunky peanut butter. Dot with raisins.
3. Boil a few cups of frozen edamame until tender. Drain and toss with a light coasting of sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and kosher salt.
4. Make your own souped-up trail mix: Combine 1 cup almonds, walnuts, or cashews (or a mix of all three) with 1/2 cup sunflower seeds and 1 1/2 cups dried fruit: raisins, apricots, apples, prunes, and/or banana chips
5. Spread the inside of a pita half with plenty of hummus and top with sliced tomato, onion, and lettuce.
6. Stuff cherry peppers or bottled Peppadew peppers with soft goat cheese or mini balls of fresh mozzarella.
7. Lay a slice of swiss cheese on a cutting board. Top with a slice of deli turkey and a spoonful of hummus or guacamole. Wrap like a jelly roll and eat
8. Cut fresh mozzarella into 1/2-inch cubes. Skewer on toothpicks with pitted green olives and sundried tomatoes.
9. Pop a bag of popcorn. While it’s still hot, toss the popcorn with a half cup grated Parmesan and a good amount of chopped fresh rosemary.
10. Combine a can of tuna with your favorite salsa. Use Triscuits for scooping
11. Pop a bag of popcorn. While it’s still hot, toss with a tablespoon of melted butter, then 2 tablespoons of sugar and a teaspoon of cinnamon.
12. Pave a slice of toasted wheat bread with peanut butter and banana slices. Top with a drizzel of honey.
All of these snacks sound delicious to me, and hopefully you.
For the day I have already gotten 30 minutes of dancing in, but I think I may do more. I am just sitting here working on a couple assignments for school, but I think I would rather be up moving around. What better way to take a break from sitting for a while, right?
What exercise have you done today?